Ajwain / Carom SeedsAjwain / Carom Seeds
Flavorful yet strongly pungent, ajwain seeds are vastly used in Indian cooking. It is also used in traditional ayurvedic and unani medicines for various ailments, the most common one being acidity relief!
Usage: In order to keep fragrance and flavor intact, the seeds are generally ground just before preparing dishes and added to the recipes at the final stages.
Our almonds (IXL variety) have been handpicked from the farmlands of Himachal.
This highly nutritional nut is a rich source of vitamin E, calcium, phosphorous, iron and magnesium. Compared to all other nuts, almonds are the most packed with nutrients and beneficial components.
Many mothers give almonds soaked in water to their children every morning as it helps in the development and health of the human brain. 2 or 3 pieces of soaked almonds are enough. Almonds are used in a variety of dishes.
Amchur Powder (Mango powder)Amchur Powder (Mango powder)
Amchur powder is a fruity spice powder made from dried unripe green mangoes and mostly as a citrusy seasoning.
Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry, dark place.
Black chia seedsBlack chia seeds
An ancient super seed, it comes from a farmer in the Belgaum district, who cultivates it conscientiously, without the use of chemicals and fertilizers. An organic farmer for the last 12 years, Anand came to know about chia during a training programme he attended in Mysore around 2 years ago, and has been cultivating it ever since.
So let’s talk Chia and why you should be eating it often.
If you’re one to curate your meals based on the health properties they provide, you will absolutely love this little seed.
1. Chia is among the healthiest foods on the planet! It provides you with essential nutrients such as protein, calcium and Omega-3. In the long run, this promotes bone health, helps built muscle and could even prevent breast and cervical cancer!
2. It promotes heart health with its ability to reverse inflammation, regulate cholesterol and lower blood pressure.
3. It’s high in fiber which helps you stay fuller for longer, and also feeds your intestines with healthy bacteria.
4. Can Chia help you lose weight? Well, this claim is a little debatable because no one ate their way to skinniness, now did they? But if a portion of Chia keeps you from stuffing your face with unhealthy snacks between tea time and dinner, then that’s half the battle won, right there, isn’t it?
5. The seeds have the propensity to improve boost energy and metabolic health!
6. Studies have shown that a diet that includes chia can also help reduce Type 2 diabetes.
7. It’s high in antioxidants, one of the benefits of which is speeding up skin repair systems, keeping you looking (and feeling) younger for longer.
Did you know:
Studies have shown that chia seeds have:
8 times more Omega 3 than salmon.
15 times more Magnesium than broccoli.
5 times more Calcium than milk.
3 times more Iron than spinach.
3 times more antioxidants than blueberries.
5 times more protein than kidney beans.
They are also gluten free and vegan friendly.
Nutritional info : Calories 103, Fat 1.6 g, Sodium 6 mg, Potassium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Protein 3.8 g
Cardamom Green ( Elaichi )Cardamom Green ( Elaichi )
It has taken us a very very long time to restart the green cardamom since we weren’t quite happy with the samples we were getting. However, we have finally managed to find a very good source based out of Kerala who has helped us in sourcing this wonder spice amongst others. The NGO group works with the small & marginal farmers in the area thereupon empowering them.
The aroma and taste is one of the best we have come across. With its numerous uses and health benefits, we had to get our hands only on the best of quality
Uses: All styles of cooking to add a distinct warm pleasant fragrance. Can also be added to drinks like tea etc. One can also chew upon one pod in its raw form.
The best way to store cardamom is in the form of pods because once the seeds are exposed or ground, they lose their flavor and aroma rapidly. Cardamom pods can last up to a year when stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place.